Sunday 2 June 2013

Plan, take 2






Double lines = Stairs and/or vehicles to ascend the school (maybe escalators to maintain a consistent theme of technologies superiority in the Architectural world).

Explanation:
I chose this plan because I believe it accurately reflects my theory of "Paperless Architecture" (Paper is Dead). To me, the central configuration of a more traditional, angular plan represents 'old architecture', and it is this reason that I would place the academics, and any space that is connected to the academic way of life (i.e. Library), within these prisms. The way in which the rather unconventional shapes engulf and distract from these rigid figures, support my idea that software design is taking over the industry, and this is why the younger generation of students would be placed within these figures. I decided to section my plan as I did in order to keep the more curvaceous shapes above the thicker platform, and those that are more so rigid below. I implemented stairs as a way of creating a more realistic plan that depicts impressionable spaces and dimensions. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment